Opening in May 2018, Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort is nestled on a sunset-facing beach on the Spice Island of Unguja. Combining elegant contemporary design from the team at Jestico+Whiles, with a considerate, sustainable build and an authentic African atmosphere, this Design Hotel will offer memorable, mindful, Indian Ocean escapes.
Boasting some of the archipelago’s finest natural wonders, the five star Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort offers 350 meters of private, pristine beach, unspoilt coral reefs, tropical plants, a lush spice garden, and gorgeous African sunsets thanks to the property’s west-facing location on the northern edge of the main island of Unguja, in Kendwa.
At a glance
• Boutique hotel made up of 55 bungalows, suites and villas set in landscaped gardens
• A three-bedroom private villa with lounge, kitchen, 12m pool, terraces, game room, ocean-front location and private beach access (500m2)
• Three restaurants and four bars: Upendo Restaurant, Maischa Resto & Bar, Peponi Bar, Bahari Grill & Bar, Dhow Bar
• Spice Garden - ideal for meditation
• 32m infinity pool
• Yoga & Wellness – offering beach yoga classes, massages, salon, gym and wild fitness area
• Library featuring books and DVDs
Zanzibar was, for centuries, a centre of world trade, but many of the island’s greatest products are homegrown. Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort provides its guests with handpicked amenities and services from local, sustainable, and fair-trade organizations in an attempt to give back to the community that nurtures it. The resort’s aim is to be self-sufficient as much as possible and to be certified by the EarthCheck by using water from its own wells and desalination plant, investing in water recycling and a sustainable space-cooling system: Evening Breeze.
Offering modern luxury and sumptuous service whilst respecting the essence of the destination, Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort will be a unique place that allows guests a feeling of freedom whilst finding their inner self. A personalized approach to the authentic guest experience will focus on improving the quality of life that is disturbed by daily stresses and environmental pollution.